MAAC Juniors Club
MAAC Juniors is part of Mid-Atlantic Athletic Club (MAAC), an affiliate of the Bermuda National Athletics Association (BNAA). It provides structured training sessions for young runners ages 7 to 18 throughout the school year (Sept–June) under the guidance of Coach Victoria Fiddick and assistant coaches.
Sessions introduce runners to training techniques, enhance fitness, endurance and running ability and encourage an appreciation and love of the sport. Sessions for older Juniors are tailored towards running for fun and for competition using Arthur Lydiard’s training principles. Track sessions are also held during the season.
Membership for MAAC Juniors is through online registration on Racedayworld only and is not covered by MAAC Family membership.
It is vital that runners are registered at the beginning of the training year before training commences to ensure that Coach Victoria has a comprehensive list of all those attending.
For safety purposes, a roll call will be taken at the start of each training session. Coach Victoria and MAAC Juniors will not be responsible for children not on the roll call list.
Fees and Training groups
In an effort to streamline the registration process, commencing September 2017, MAAC Juniors membership and registration will be annual rather than termly.
There will continue to be three running groups to ensure training is tailored to specific ages and ability levels.
- Some Middle School runners will be allowed to run with the High School group if they have a 6 mile time or less.
- Primary school runners will ONLY be permitted to run in the Primary School group.
- Primary School - $180 per year
- Middle School - $300 per year
- High School - $300 per year
The annual Club Membership fee includes membership of MAAC Jr Club, all coaching and a MAAC Juniors running kit (shorts and vest).
- High School - 4.00pm to 5.00pm, Arboretum
- Primary - 4.00pm to 5.00pm, Arboretum
- Middle and High School - 4.00pm to 5.00pm, Arboretum
Thursday (No Training)
- Middle and High School - 4.00pm to 5.00pm, NSC Track
- High School - 9.00am to 10.00am, Endurance run (or x-country race in season)
- High School - 4.00pm to 5.00pm, Endurance run or track
Training will be at the Arboretum and NSC Track unless otherwise advised.
Please remember to bring running shoes and water. Parents, please remember to pick up your children promptly at the end of training.
Any queries, please contact Julie Marshall, email@example.com Tel. 300-1164